Sunday, May 16, 2010

Under the Roof

At the moment, we're scrambling to get our tape finished before tour starts in 1.4 weeks. My recording aesthetic is evolving as I try to find a balance between keeping the songs close to how they come across live, with just two people, while making sure that they don't sound unfinished. Obviously, the natural play in timing and dynamics that come from a live drummer don't really exist with the drum machine so I feel the need to compensate for our lack of forgivable sloppiness with a bit more grit on the other side of the microphone. I'm still unsure of how this all turns out; but that's not really anything new.

Wednesday saw us playing a full(ish) set for our last show in New Brunswick for a while. We'll be taking time off after tour to record full band songs in July for our Louts Fucker vinyl split. We've got about 8 or so songs ready for then and plan to release them all between the split and a tape.

I'm going to try and once again keep a tour diary. I'm hoping to update it daily on tour rather than afterwards but we'll see how well I stick to that. I'm guessing not so good.

--marty.

No comments:

Post a Comment